Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend of riding

It was a great weekend as it seemed that I was able to ride a bike all weekend long!

It started off with a 4am wake up on Saturday morning so that I could get to Bill Dixons house on time. Bill, his riding partner Jeff and I all took off in Bill's truck to Irvine where the century was set to start for the day. It was a great ride and was perfect for my legs as I am still trying to get them back after the long road trip I was on. It followed the coast all the way to downtown San Diego. It was a great time and we had no flat tires the whole way!


Brian on his "Road Bike" #168
The crowning achievement of the day however does go to Brian that rode over a hundred miles on his mountain bike! He did it all by him self with knobby tires and 6" of travel. Way to go, you rode more than us and we were on road bikes!!!

Sunday

Ahh yes after eating lots and sleeping lots it was time to get out the mountain bikes and have some fun on my jumps in the backyard. Before we got to ride though Mike, Toots and Brian all came over to help out with maintence on the jumps. We spent several hours working on them and it looked great what those guys all got done! Thanks guys, that is what its all about!

Then it was about 5 so we put down the tools and got ready to have some fun! In turns out that there was quite a turn out with a bunch of people hanging out and a bunch of us riding! It is always a ton of fun as we get pushed with everyone around. It all went well except for the one minor mishap that had me going over the bars. It was pretty funny as the board that I was riding across broke and pitched me over the front. No Damage done as I got back up as we all kept riding and I went to turn the lights on for some after dark riding. In total we cooked a ton of hamburgers and rode till about 10 at night.

Not a bad weekend! Hope yours was awesome also!

No comments: