Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The end of Racing


Well at least for the 24 hour races. I have said it now for a while and this time I AM going to stick to it! They are a ton of fun and the people that have allowed me the chance to ride with them, it has been nothing but great times. It has just come time to realize what my goals are and to stick to them. I am going to be really select on the races that I do, only the ones that will get me to my final racing goal!

So on to a recap of the weekend. Whoa what a time it was and what a camp site Team Heat put together! It was truly amazing with 3 refrigerators and an oven and even a chef. Not to mention the support from all of the the staff and friends of Idyllwild Heating. THANKS a ton guys!!! Maybe that had something to do with the FACT that everyone that pitted out of our site won there category. The truly amazing feat of the day was Dez in his amazing 22 SOLO laps that he did and took the Victory by over a lap! Then there was the Team Dust Bunnies, Of Wendy Walton and Shalyn Gates, that would have won the women s category had there been one, and there should be one! Then Jason Gates and his team also won there 5 person category.

Then there was Team HEAT, Kenny, Kevin, Chad, Brian and myself. Well lets just say that we got off to a GREAT start thanks to Brians' awesome first lap and the rest was, well history. By the time that dark had rolled around we were 1 lap up on the next team and we had a lap average of less than 45 minutes per lap. It was truly a great time as we finished with 29 laps in total and just missed the 30th lap by 31 seconds!

I would like to give a huge shout out to both Solo riders that I know through my race series! Luke Wiens and Brian Crook both took on the SOLO category and came out with huge performances! Luke finished with 16 laps and 4th place. It was truly awesome especially beings it was his first ever 24 solo. I saw him out there and amazingly enough he always looked fresh! Great work Luke you have definitely put in the work required!

Then Brian a friend of mine that just bought his first bike 7 months ago had a great race with 11 laps! He even got off to a bad start with 7 flats in the first 3 laps but still continued! It was cool to see him ride so much and still have a ton of fun!

Great work to everyone that was there and competed!

Also I just confirmed the next Racers and Chasers event. October 25th, bring your costume! More details to come soon!

1 comment:

Luke said...

right on bro...thanks!