Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sportin the pink

At least that is the jerseys for winning the winter series. It is a really cool jersey and trophy! It was great seeing so many friends there and most were winning there catagories! Congratulations to all that got an award for all of the hard work that they have put into it! Thanks also to Donny for the cool awards after a long season.

I raced in the Asterisk Charity race yesterday. What a great time that was. The weather was pretty cold, windy and even had the occasional rain shower, but was some of the most fun I have had in a long time! It started off with a fun ride that was lead by none other that Motocross racer Mike Sleeter that organized the event. Mike has even come out to the last several events I put on and he is tearing it up! He has some serious fitness! After the fun ride there was relay race where Mike paired up a "Beginner" rider with a "Pro" rider. I got to be the other half of the team with Dr. Alexander, a local Dr that fixes all of the top moto guys when break things. Sounds like a great guy to know, just in case. After it all was done I got out a shovel and did some TLC on the Short Track course for the next race.

Dr. Alexander rode like a true champion and by the time he came back from the first lap he had us right where we need to be! I had to chase down a few guys but got the job done and Dr. Alexander and I took home the gold rings for first place. They are cool prizes as they actually came off Sleeter's bike so that made it even cooler! Oh and the skull was my dads years of photography school kicking in.

I also posted the video from the last XC race that I took from the seat post cam.