Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Awesome year

So I guess that it is time to reflect, what else is there to do when awake at 3:30 am?

All in all what can I say, it has been great. I have gotten through my first year as a pro with in my opinion some success and definitely some great thing to learn from. But instead of sitting here and talking about my results that already on on the right of this page I will enjoy the trails I got to ride and Awesome people I have met.

I started a race series this year to try to give back to the sport that has given me so many great and painful times. I have been having so much fun with the races from hanging out with the racers to making there leather number plates. It has been a great time and I look forward to continuing the series.

Then I was able to travel for several months this year with Intense and do a bunch of demos for them. I was able to ride some of the coolest trails in this HUGE country, I know I drove across it twice, and also Canada. I have always liked the Intense product and the guys and gals that work there make it so much cooler.

To keep from drawing this out to long I am stoked with were things are at and can't wait to move them forward. Top of that list...? My racing, must get faster!!!

Merry Christmas and I hope that next year is an even better for all!

3 comments:

Luke said...

time to kick up a notch for '09...i'm in!!

jameson said...

I am stoked I got to meet you this year. Your race series definitely helped reach my goad of winning a world championship in Xterra... with out a doubt. Hopefully we can get in some riding in '09.

Sharpie said...

Hi Robert! Randy Rush LOVES your series, and I am hoping to get the rest of the Backbone Adventure Cycling squad to carve out some time and budget dollars to come out and enjoy your series as much as he does. Lydia Brownfield (the fiancee, and art director at Kenda) may even want to come support some time and play some music! If you think you may wanna do something like that, let me know! You can see her site at www.girlmuse.com, or www.lydiabrownfield.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the effort at Vail Lake..it was actually where my FIRST XC race was in '92 or so at the old Cal-Cup Series put on by Guido at Lo-Fat Cycles in Temecula!

Chris Sharp
Team Owner/Director; Backbone Adventure Cycling