Monday, December 8, 2008

6 flats in 24 hrs

So here is the NEW flyer for the race. We are going all out on this one! Its a stage race that you can do as an individual or a team! It is going to be a ton of fun and we hope that you will make it out!

Onto this past weekend of riding. I got a ton of long rides in and it was great. All week I was doing a bit longer of rides and then I topped it all off with 3 four or more hour rides Friday- Sunday. Saturday I went for an early morning "pedal" with Rob from X-factor performance and my bud Brian. We started from basically Murrieta High and rode to the towers above Lake Elsinore. Now there is an easy way and a hard way to do this, we took the extremely hard way. It started off with us climbing up SuperMan, then Gerald Davis hill, back to blowout and then to the single track. That was not even all of the riding but it was a great start. We ended up getting almost 40 miles on the day and it was great! Ahh except for all of the flats I aquired. I ended up getting 2 on my bike and then I was going to leave Brians house and had a completly flat tire on the van. I apparently picked up a large piece of metal debris from the road and it went flat while we were riding. The bummer of it all was that we got back to Brian's a little before 1 and I did not make it home till after 4. I guess napping on his pourch and not having the proper tool to change the tire was on tap for the day.

Then I got to go on a ride with Eric Carter, Waylon Smith, Rich Houseman, EC's mechaninc John and Cris who helped develop Whistler bike park. We ended up ridng some trials in the San Juan area that I had never riden before. It was a blas and I can't wait to get back on those trails! Riding with those guys is so much fun. It really pushes me to ride with them but we are all there having a great time eating candy as we are doing some epic trails. All in all a great weekend. Oh and as a side note I pulled out the bike from my van in the morning and the bike had a flat, on the ride I flatted, and the van has a slow leak in another tire now. Ahh good times.

All that being said it was still less than Brian got in his first 4 laps of his first 24hr solo race. He got 7 flats in just about 4 hours. I don't feel so bad. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Luke said...

you are paying your dues to the bike gods now...this is good!! come race day you can ride confidently knowing that your debt has been paid! ;)

Pedal Circles said...

Dude, I had a flat tire after my bike sat on the trainer for two days. Explain that one!

Er, ok, it was a goathead from Sunday's ride, but how did it stay full of air for two full days?!

Sounds like some cool riding ;)