Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hitting the Gym

Well ok I have not been hitting it bit it has been good. With the watchful eye of Bill Dixon my title sponsor looking over my every move in the gym its been great. Exhausting but great! Today was another great workout and is really improving my strength! Right after the Gym I head to ITT to test my legs on the 12 mile climb and had a phenomenal time! I was stoked even though it was freezing cold and raining on me up there. I had to stop 3 times just to get the feeling back in my hands. I could not even tell if I was touching the brakes until I would almost go over the front!

Well back to the Gym and the training, it has been great and I know that it has helped my recovery from my cracked rib a lot. I felt stronger than I ever have at Fontana PRO XCTour last weekend. I managed to make a descent finish of being called up almost last! So where to go from here? Well the Gym of course, even though most would argue with that opinion. Riding in the dirt requires a lot more strength than our friends of the skinny tire sorts. With the races that are planned for this year I know that I can use all of the strength I can get. Notice I said strength not bulk.

See you on the trails and hopefully proving that this weight traing works!


2 comments:

Dixonart.com said...

He great web site, I like the photos

MissKris said...

Um. What? Cracked rib?? From what? And when? And why did I not know about this? You and I have some talkin' to do mister!