Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Arizona Nationals

I always look forward to going to Arizona. Seems like it has always been good to me even though I am not totally ready to go this early in the season. This year started off with the Super Cool SuperD. Better known as a TT. The thing sucks from a Super D standpoint but it works great for a TT. Well It went horrible for me as I had NO leg speed at the bottom where it was really needed.
We won't even go into where I finished.

So I decided to take the Short track off because well I had no leg speed and I felt like NOT breathing in a bunch of dust before the XC. Man did I catch crap for that.

Finally the XC came and it was time to once again play in the desert! I actually got a better call up in the 6th row so I was stoked. I lined up next to my good buddy Amon. When we got going I looked up just in time to see a huge pile up beginning to happen to my left, it took Amon out and I had to hop over his front wheel. Then I got passed by a bunch because we slowed and I was in a tall gear and so now it was off to the single track. In all I ended up passing about 45 guys and worked my way into 34th. I was hoping for a better finish but it was all I could do. I was still stoked because I had to pass so many guys. AZ being good to me again, I am always smiling when I ride there and this race was no different!

No comments: